Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Director Talks Hawken, Need for Speed Movies

Act of Valor helmer Scott Waugh has not one but two video game movies on the table: Need for Speed and Hawken. And in a new interview, he's revealed some of his plans for the adaptations, including the notion of using the Unreal game engine to help make the latter film.

"One of the things I’ve been talking to the game developers about that I think is going to be so unique to [Hawken] is that I really want to use the [Unreal Engine 3] game engine in the movie," he tells The Hollywood Reporter. "I want the film to feel exactly like the game. So we’re going to definitely really cross-pollinate what they’re doing in the game for the film. For me, I’m pretty excited about that, because that world we’re creating in Hawken is going to be exactly like the game."


Waugh also thinks that the future of game-to-film adaptations can be found in that word that makes media conglomerates so happy: synergy. In the case of Hawken, for example, game publisher Meteor Entertainment and developer Adhesive Games have the movie, game, comics and a live-action web series in the works.
"Now it’s not, 'Here’s the movie. Here’s the game,'" says the director. "It’s almost become one. That’s the experience we want to create in the film, for people to really feel like, 'Holy smokes!' … that you’re in the game."

As for Need for Speed, Waugh says the film will be a "mesh" of all the games in that series, while focusing on a specific title (which he's not revealing yet).

"I personally have always wanted to do a car racing movie," he says. "I’m a motocross racer, myself. We still quote Bullitt and French Connection. Those movies were made in the '70s. We should be able to outdo that nowadays, and I just feel like, 'I want to be the guy that makes the next authentic racing film,' and that’s my goal. It’s so great to be part of that Need for Speed franchise, because I think they do a great job on authentic racing."


Source : feeds.ign.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play Kizi Games , Soccer Games